Saturday, August 25, 2007

New Brother

Most people only get new siblings when they're young. I'm so excited; I'm getting a new brother, Tommy. My mom called Angela yesterday to tell her the news. She and Dad are trying to adopt a 14 year old boy who is in the foster home system. They asked us about our feelings when we were up there a while ago. I was 100% for it. Mom looked into it and determined it was impossible. I guess she has stayed with it and when they prayed about it they felt really good about inviting Tommy to be part of our family. I'm excited for Ben. He'll have a brother his age. Tommy is just a little younger than Ben. They're best friends. It's not near final - in fact it's just in the baby stage, but I'm glad nonetheless. I hope mom & dad will bring Ben & Tommy down to Las Vegas soon so I can get to know Tommy better. I'm sure he'll be overwhelmed with learning names, etc. We are a somewhat large family...I remember once when Ben was in the 1st grade...he couldn't remember all of our names. I'm sure Tommy will experience a learning curve. ;) Well, Tommy, being a Fellingham is great - welcome to the crew!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

WOW! How exciting! It will be wonderful for Ben to have someone at home with him, I'm sure. Congratulations on a new brother!