Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Liberty

 

I was cleaning out Kenneth's backpack from the 2nd grade (I know I know - everybody else's kids are already in the 3rd grade - what took me so long? You can say it Julie...some things never change. :) ) Anyway, I was going through Kenneth's things with him and this essay really touched me. I appreciate the good teacher he had last year who taught him about how precious our freedoms and our liberties are. If you click on it, you should be able to view it larger and hopefully read it. Here's a shout out to all the soldiers serving our good country....THANKS!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elise said...

Wow. Very cool. Good job Kenneth. I agree!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a wonderful essay. I can't believe it was written by Kenneth as a second grader. Sean said it sounded more like a middle schooler. It sounds like something sunk in from the teacher. As you said, very touching! Make sure Danny and Les see it...

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that I didn't clean out Alex's backpack until a few weeks ago (probably more than 2 months after school was out). I didn't find anything as touching as Kenneth's essay, though.

Shauna said...

Very impressive! It makes me want to be more diligent about teaching my kids patriotism. Thanks for sharing.