
Danny just called. He's going to Iraq for a year. He found out today and he's leaving this weekend. My heart goes out to his wife. He's going as a medic contractor so he'll make decent money and he should be "safe" at a hospital in the MIDDLE of the green zone. Here's my shout out - Danny - I'm proud of you. Danny is not even freaked out a little. This is what he does. This is who he is. He's a protector. He's a warrior. He's a medic. I know he's going to do a great job. I will miss him fiercely, but I couldn't be prouder of him.
1 comment:
Wow, that is a quick turn around from notice to leaving. He'll be in our thoughts and prayers. He and Amanda both. All of you, really. We appreciate those who are willing to fight for the security and freedom we enjoy. He'll do great.
Our plans have changed (once again), and we will all be able to be there for Kenneth's baptism weekend. We'll probably still end up going home on Saturday, but we won't have to leave until later in the day, so we won't be rushed. We can't wait to see you all again.
Post a Comment