Thursday, April 19, 2007

Update

Well, we've avoided being separated this week. Steve has successfully resolved the problems at work without going to New York (Yea!). The Webb children have been a welcome addition around here. Angela's having a great time (as far as I know) in Idaho.

Yesterday we had a tragedy in the family. Steve's sister's husband works for Google. Yesterday he was walking from one building to another and as he was crossing the crosswalk, he was hit by a car going between 35-40 miles/hour. He broke a bone in his back, 3 ribs, his sternum, 2 bones in his right arm (in 3 places), punctured a lung, got some hum-dinger road rash and his head required stitches. He had a 5 hour surgery on his arm today and is on a lot of pain killer. Our prayers and thoughts have been with him and his family all day today. I'm hoping Sami will let me help out in some way with her kids...but we'll be deciding all that when she gets a couple more days into this whole thing.

The doctors are saying he'll make a full recovery but it will be at least 8 weeks. His name is Scott - please keep him in your prayers.

Well, I'm off...

3 comments:

Elise said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry for Sami! Gosh, I feel terrible...I wish there was something I could do. I will definitely pray for him and Sami. I really hope he comes out on top. Will he be recieving any Work-Comp for this? It's just horrible.

Shauna said...

I echo Elise's sentiments. How awful. They will definitely be in our prayers.

Shauna said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, DEAR JOY AND STEVE!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU!

Congratulations on 10 happy years of marriage! You have three darling children and a few big moves to show for it, too! Happy day! Love you both!