Here's the photo I promised of Caitlin and her cousin, Emily. Aren't they cute? I couldn't resist the photo op since we were both in the same state for about 48 hours.We had a big break through today. My sister's first guess was Daniel pooped on the potty. No - I'm happy to say Daniel is now thoroughly potty trained and yeah for us. Her second guess was with his speech. Well, we continue to work on that, and we're making slow, steady progress. So - here it is. Daniel wrote his whole name, "DANIEL" today, unassisted. He's really doing great with his letters, and Angela's pre school is helping tremendously. I am very proud of him.
It rained here - all day. That's big news! It's literally about the 6th time it's rained here since we moved in over a year ago. I never thought I could miss the rain; yet I do. I left my window and door open all day so I could smell the rain. There's nothing quite like the smell of rain. Then - this evening we got the most beautiful double rainbow. What a blessing it is to know the Earth will never again be flooded. I'm grateful each and every time I see a rainbow. What a beautiful way to symbolize such a lovely gift.
1 comment:
I can't believe you didn't tell me about this months ago! How fun to be able to keep up with the Laytons. I love the picture of Caitlin and Emily. What cute girls. We miss you guys so much. This morning, Sophie said, "Daniel just hugs and hugs me so tight!" She misses her Daniel friend. I'm glad to hear that he's making so many strides with his speech and learning. It's hard to think about the kids growing up without being there to see it happen. Hope you have a good day!
Post a Comment